HFMA is the nation’s leading membership organization for healthcare financial management executives and leaders. More than 34,000 members, ranging from CFOs to controllers to accountants consider HFMA a respected thought leader on top trends and issues facing the healthcare industry. HFMA members can be found in all areas of the healthcare system including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, accounting firms and insurance companies.
In the chapter, regional, and national level, HFMA helps healthcare finance professionals meet the challenges of the modern healthcare environment by: providing education, analysis, and guidance; building and supporting coalitions with other healthcare associations to ensure accurate representation of the healthcare finance profession; educating a broad spectrum of key industry decision makers on the intricacies and realities of maintaining fiscally healthy healthcare organizations and working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders to improve the healthcare industry by identifying and bridging gaps in knowledge, best practices, and standards.
HFMA’s vision is:
To define, realize and advance the financial management of health care by helping members and others improve the business performance of organizations operating in or serving the healthcare field.
Quality is the foundation of the association and the keystone of its efforts to ensure member and customer satisfaction. HFMA’s objective is to:
- Consistently provide services and products that meet the quality expectations of its members, customers, and employees.
- Actively pursue a program of continuous quality improvement that enables employees and volunteers to do their jobs right the first time.
- Quality is a major, strategic association goal. It lies at the heart of everything done for members and customers. HFMA strives continually to improve the quality of services and products offered, the processes and procedures used to produce them, and the manner in which they are delivered.
- We believe that service to members is our highest priority.
- We believe in excellence in all that we do.
- We believe that teamwork is essential in meeting the objectives of HFMA.
- We believe in the importance of individuals.
- We believe in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- We believe in conducting HFMA with financial responsibility and a prudent approach to business.
Code of Ethics
As a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, I will endeavor to promote the highest standards of professional conduct by:
- Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Striving for the objective and fair presentation of financial information.
- Fostering excellence in healthcare financial management by keeping abreast of pertinent issues.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Promoting a greater understanding of financial management issues by others in the healthcare field, and seeking increased public understanding through communication about such issues.
- Seeking to maintain a reasonable balance between the quality and cost of healthcare.
- View the complete HFMA Code of Ethics
HFMA’s Statement on Diversity
The following is HFMA’s statement on diversity:
the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) values and respects diversity. Individual differences are viewed as assets that promote the growth and success of HFMA and its members. In principle and in practice, HFMA encourages and supports diverse individual viewpoints and contributions. HFMA believes that a diverse membership is a quality membership. * Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association.